Washington University School of Medicine
Betty L. Thompson Scholarship
In February 2003, KWAME established the Betty L. Thompson Scholarship Endowment in the School of Medicine.
Scholarship students must be enrolled in the School of Medicine, and demonstrate one or more of the following:
- Experience with or commitment to serving or working with historically underserved or underpriviledged populations;
- Experience with or commitment to bringing diverse people together or in bridging divides among them;
- Experience overcoming substantial educational or economic obstacles;
- Community involvement;
- Experience confronting challenging social, economic, educational, clutural or other life circumstances;
- First generation of family to attend college;
- From rural or inncer-city areas;
- High academic achievement and promise;
- Leadership potential.
"I am infinitely grateful for the scholarship support I have received that allows me to begin my medical school education. I really appreciate that other people care this much to give back and help finance my aspirations."